Aunt Cassadilla let us borrow the fancy red boots, and I found a cute pattern for a diaper cover, so I made her one in this gingham check....And then a bow out of the scraps. I, personally, think she should have been the rodeo queen....but maybe just becuase I'm her mom and think she is the cutest cowgal in all the land.
But first we had to stop by the Parade....I found out at the Washington County Fair Parade that Lilienne just LOVES to watch parades. She seriously is just fascinated by all the action!
Even Daddy was pretty captivated. ( I think it was the marching bands?)
I'm a little obsessed with her.....thats ok, right?!
And finally Lilie with her favorite Papa!!
We sort of learned a few lessons about babies and the rodeo this year...
First of all....The rodeo doesn't actually start until about 9 o'clock, so you shouldn't show up at 7:30 hoping to not miss the beginning of the show. Also, there is plenty of time to kill between the parade and when all the action starts.
Second...Reserved seating is not what we expected. You still have knees in your back, and your knees are still in someone elses back. And your still on hard concrete.
Third...Its not a terribly good idea to skip a nap to see the parade and then expect to last through til the bull riding. (duh, right?)
In the end, It was really fun to get her dressed up in those super cute boots, Papa Gary was really proud to show her off, and we made it until the National Anthem. Then we BOUNCED before the first event even started! Next year will be much more fun. And I'm not sure I'll take a 41/2 month old to rodeo with high hopes anytime in the near future....
oh my lord she is gorgeous!!!!! She is the cutes cowgal in all the land too!
ReplyDeleteoh and yes its okay to be obsessed!
she's sure the cutest lil cowgirl EVER!
ReplyDelete