Friday, September 17, 2010

4 Months

Wow...I have a 4-month-old. How did that happen so fast? Four months seems like she is an actual baby now, not just an infant. I guess considering all the new things she does, she is more than an infant! She continues to amaze us every single day!


Some things to remember about Lou these days:

-She is getting so coordinated...She grabs for everything! She can pull her binky out and sometimes can get it back in the right way! She can finally pull the buzzy ladybug toy on her car seat, and Her newest thing is to grab Mama and Daddy's faces and ATTACK! ( I love that so much!)

-EVERYTHING goes in her mouth! She is also very drool-ey. I don't really know if she is teething yet. She is so happy, so I don't think so, But her Daddy had 2 teeth at 3 MONTHS! So who can be sure!?

-Eating has become a major challenge. Actually, not so much a challenge, now that I've relaxed about things a little. About 3 weeks ago, she just quit nursing. REFUSED to have anything to do with it. But she will gladly take a bottle...so we switched to pumping and bottle feeding! I was still trying to nurse her at every feeding, but after fighting her about it, I would just give her the bottle and pump some more. Well as these things go...so did my milk! So after overcoming a huge battle with myself, I decided it was time to supplement. As soon as I relaxed, knowing that my baby wasn't starving...what do you know? My milk was ever plentiful! So we are still supplementing, but every now and again she will nurse, and it makes me so happy! (sidenote: on this very day she hasnt had any bottles! what a girl!)

- Lady Lou has finally rolled over. Twice total. In her whole life. At least I know she can do it, but prefers not to. Still very particular!

-Night time is still a little hard...but once she's out, she stays out!

-We tried rice cereal!! (photos to come!)

-You've never met a more happy baby, I'm sure of it! She gives giggles away like nobodies business! Her laugh is the best thing I've ever heard, by the way.

-The hair situation has finally resolved itself for the most part!  Her skullet has filled in nicely, but its still just light strawberry blonde fuzz, so she still looks like a little baldy! I think it will just start growing now. (She has her daddy's hairline...and one loooong hair on top that sticks straight up! ALFALFA!)

-Baby's got The Blue Blue Bluest eyes! Still! (Its seeming like they might just stay that way!)

-Yesterday she said 'Daaa' It was so cute! Also, she totally knows who 'Daddy' is. No matter where, what, or when...If I say "where's Daddy?" She looks around the room til she finds him!

-Daddy also found out that we have a very ticklish Lady on our hands! Her thighs, armpits, belly, neck....actually everything! She gets laughing so hard....which in turn...gets us laughing so hard!

-She can hardly hold still no matter what! (Hence the shortage of pictures) Which is making her very strong! I'm thinking she'll be sitting up on her own in a matter of days...Do 4 month olds sit up on their own?! hmm....

-She still loves her Bink and her Swaddle...Two very essential thing for sleeping!

We just love her so much more than I could ever describe, but all parents feel that way I'm sure! She makes for a very proud Mama and Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she is 4 months old already!!! Didn't you just come back from maternity leave or something? :) She is sooooo cute!! I love her!
    Ummm...can you zerbert her little cheeks for me..k..thanks :)

    ReplyDelete