So, I was really anticipating my weekly OB appointment on 5/5 (as many of you know, I was really thinking a Cinco De Mayo baby would have been so much fun) And I figured my Dr would be able to work some kind of magic to make it happen that day. They have control over that sort of thing don't they?!
Well, come to find out, He was STILL out of town, so no magic was to be made that day. However, I was measuring small, about 34 weeks when I should have been close to 40 weeks. So it was back in to the Ultrasound room, which determined that my fluids were way too low, my placenta was way too aged, and my baby was going to be much safer on the outside than in there.
Thats when I was introduced to Dr. Kvartfort, who would be doing my delivery since my regular Dr was out of town. I had to be at the hospital that evening for my Induction. Tyler took the rest of the day off and we went home to make sure we had done all of our last minute preparations.
To our lucky surprise, Dr. Lunt got back to town early, called us and asked us to come in right away. The ultrasound results made him want to get things going sooner rather than later.
And off to the hospital we go! They warned us this type of induction could take a while...
Luckily, we had some good company to pass the time! At this point nothing was really going on, so we took the opportunity to have a photo shoot session...come on, it gets really boring being strapped to a bed.I'll fast forward through the next 30+ hours.....
My body did not do what it was supposed to do. The medicine they gave me to 'start' labor, well, didn't do much of anything. Except maybe give me agonizing contractions, which doesn't do much if the rest of your body isn't doing anything. So one thing after another, after another, put my little one into distress and the Dr decided that we couldn't possible go on the way we were and keep the baby safe.
And we were off to my Emergency C-section.
How scary. But really the only thing to be done at that point.
Getting our baby out only took a few minutes, but she wasn't quite ready to take her first breath, so her and Daddy rushed to the NICU, and I stayed strapped where I was getting stapled up. Not so much fun.
(sidenote: while the dr was performing my surgery he found out that my anatomy would never have allowed a regular delivery anyway. My bones are in funny places, therefore I will always deliver c-section. Thank god I didn't have to push for hours to figure that one out.)
Lilienne Louise.







oh man Abbi She is so beautiful!!!!! Im so glad everything was okay!! Congratulations!!!!! I want to come visit soon, ill call you!!! Love you guys! xoxo
ReplyDeleteabbilyn! she's beautiful! i am sooo happy for you! i want to meet lili, but i will wait until i don't have a cold anymore! tyler showed me pictures today on his cell phone! oh man! soo great!
ReplyDeleteAbbi she's beautiful! congrats! take alot of pictures because they grow way to fast. Congrats, im so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! Can you believe that she is actually here? I had the hardest time wrapping my head around that one with Jacob. I am so happy for you!!! And she is a Doll! Just like her Mommy :) Can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDeleteAbbi!! She is absolutely beautiful!! I am so happy she is here and healthy! I am sooooooo excited for you guys!!! LOOK @ ALL THAT HAIR!!!!!!!!!and you thought she would be bald... silly!! love you!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you thought you might get a dark skinned dark haired beauty... you got a fair skinned light haired beauty (like her best friend Lyla!) I am ecstatic for you! She is gorgeous and so are you. I am so sorry that your insides are all weird!!! But I am glad that Dr Lunt took care of you, I told you he would. (he heard zebras and they really were zebras!) I am proud of you and can't wait to meet her. Are you feeling better yet? Can I come over?!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone! I really can't beleive that she is here...and I am so proud of her! I'm starting to feel really good and I love to show her off, so please come visit:) Give me a call, I'm not able to really leave or drive yet, so I'm usually always home. Thanks for all the love!
ReplyDelete