Monday, March 7, 2011

Roadies!!

We FINALLY bit the bullet and invested in ROAD BIKES!

I have been pestering Tyler forEVER about getting bikes.

First off, I drive a tank, and if gas is seriously going up to the prices everyone is saying....I'm pretty sure we won't be able to afford leaving the house ever again in that thing.

SECOND, there is a bike trail who's sole purpose could be to take me from my house to work. There is a tiny little portion from my driveway to the begining of the trail that is just paved road, the rest goes right to my work, and will only take me less than 30 minutes to do. HELLO! it is meant to be.

THIRD, We live in a beautiful community that is mild enough year round to be able to commute on a bicycle. (our summers are mild, right? i seem to always forget how hot 115 degrees is.)

FOURTH, its great excersize. (just in time for swimsuit weather!)

Need I say  more?

Here they are! Ty's is the red one, Mine is the silver one. They are both Specialized brand. Mine is a Dolce, which is a pretty nice bike, but a friend of mine works at the bike store and sold me a rental. Its actually a pretty good deal because it has had regular services and is past the break-in stage, so all the kinks are worked out, so to say. Ty's is brand new, but also came with a great discount. Even with getting a great deal on both bikes, I can't BELIEVE how expensive these things are! Holy Moses...

We also got this trailer becuase, whats the point if we can't take our favorite little companion along?


Her and that tongue...


She loved it in there. It kind of surprised me...I wasn't sure how she would react, but I didn't even need to worry about it!


I tried to get a picure of all of us, but Ty was ready to hit the old dusty...Aaaand, its kind of hard to take pictures and not fall off your bike. All in good time!

Oh, and PS, we rode all day the day we got them, and my bum is SUPER sore. Hope I get used to that seat!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO Jealous of those bikes! Mine that I just bought from Casey, is silver. We will have to go on a twinner's bike ride. Mine is like 8 yrs old and not here yet :/ -But soon...

    ReplyDelete