Well, I found this in the store....
{Teeeny Tiny STAR shaped pasta}
...And have been dying to use them for something ever since. I guess I should mention that Ty isn't a chicken-and-stars-kind-of-guy. So that was out. Also, My 10-month-old is old enough for me to introduce more chunky food....and pasta is on the list!!
Today I got clever. Which doesn't always happen, but I was impressed with the result, so I had to put it up here so I didn't forget it!
I mixed....
1/2 C hot cooked stelline pasta
1 oz-ish pureed carrot baby food -thawed (however much is in one cube of frozen home-made baby food)
1 Tblsp shredded cheese
And got....
An adorable blob of cheesy stars.
Lilie reeeally wanted some!
Mmmmm....
She liked. A lot.
She even shared with Momma. Which actually ended up all over my camera. Ahh...to be a mom.
Turns out, I actually think Mac n' cheese is an important part of being a kid, BUT if I can health it up a bit...why not?
It was actually pretty good, and tasted a lot like traditional mac n cheese.
Its official. I've become a momnivore, or rather, the mom who eats her kids left overs from lunch. uh-oh.
haha I alwasy eat Krae's left overs!! I also have always felt completely content with feeding him Mac N cheese. He is a very well rounded eater (when he wants to be, he is a toddler and well lets face it their minds change by the second, soon you will see too) I always throw in pea's and tuna to make it a better meal for him. Or he eats it with green beans, which he absolutley loves, sometimes I will put salmon and corn in it also... SO point of my ramble, its okay to feed her REAL mac n cheese if you throw in some healthy additives :) xoxo ps, your little invetion plate sounds DEEELISH!
ReplyDeleteAbbi that is so funny about the mac with no cheese and the ramen with no seasoning . . . i was totally the same way! I've graduated to the sauce/ seasoning now though lol :)Great Idea! I will share it with my sis so she can make it for her babe.
ReplyDeleteGood Ideas Karli! I will be trying them out one of these days!
ReplyDeleteCasey- This is totally weird that I remember...but we used to order the same sandwich in middle school at subway too!I can't remember exactly what it was (white bread, turkey, and salt? maybe cheese too?)I just remember thinking it was crazy that someone else liked bland food! haha Funny. I've also graduated to flavor in general!